If you’ve been thinking about making the move to Acacia Village, you probably have a lot of questions. Many people worry that moving to senior housing will take away from their independence. And, a lot of seniors have concerns about the expenses involved. They have questions like, “How affordable is senior housing?” and “What happens if I need an advanced level of care in the future?” .
We want to help you make the most informed decision possible. At Acacia Village, our top priority is always your quality of life, which is why we’re sharing this informative article with you – to help answer your questions, ease your worries, and show you how senior living can improve your quality of life.
Senior living to fit your budget
Sometimes, people hear the words “senior living” and associate this with nursing home care. At Acacia Village, you’ll maintain total independence – while being able to enjoy life to the fullest! Acacia Village is not an assisted living facility; Our campus is comprised of apartment units that are designed with your full independence in mind. These units are just like any other apartment you’d live in – you’re even able to have pets at Acacia Village!
Included in your monthly rental fee is maintenance of the buildings and grounds, as well as light housekeeping and complete security. Most find that the fee affordably replaces the cost of home ownership, along with eliminating the hassle of regular home maintenance. But, more than living in a typical apartment building, you’ll have access to a comprehensive listing of amenities, all included in your monthly fee. At our independent living community, you’ll enjoy the following:
- Dining dollars that can be used in the Acacia Village Café or Terrace Dining Room
- Bi-weekly light housekeeping
- Comprehensive maintenance of apartment, buildings and grounds
- Utilities, including telephone and cable
- 24-hour security
- Emergence Response System throughout complex
- Fitness center that includes heated indoor pool, spa, sauna, exercise equipment, and various classes
- Billiards, cards and arts & crafts rooms
- Library with Internet access
- Woodworking shop
- 18-seat movie theatre
- Nature trails, ponds and community gardens
- Scheduled transportation for shopping and events
- Wi-Fi throughout Community Center and apartment buildings
- Onsite office amenities, including a Notary Public, copying and faxing machines
Other services available at Acacia Village
When you choose to live at Acacia Village, we offer many other services to you for an additional fee. The difference? These services are conveniently made available to you right on the Acacia Village campus, so you won’t have to travel or make complicated arrangements. We’re pleased to provide the following:
- Full access to the Acacia Village Café for breakfast, lunch and grocery needs
- Covered parking garages
- Accommodations for out-of-town visitors
- Spaces for private parties and functions
- Catering services
- Unisex beauty salon
- Additional cleaning services
- Dry cleaning
- Package mailing and postage stamps
As you can see, when you live with us at Acacia Village, life is easy! When you compare our amenities and offerings to the high costs of home ownership and vehicle and lawn equipment maintenance, you’ll see that budgeting is much easier than you may have initially anticipated.
- No more worries about unexpected home repairs. As we age, it becomes more difficult to take care of home repairs. As a result, we have to hire someone to take care of them for us, or leave them unattended. This is not a concern when you live with us at Acacia Village.
- Use your personal vehicle for your leisure. You’ll save on vehicle maintenance costs, because you’ll have most of what you need is right here. And, we provide scheduled transportation to local shopping venues and outside activities, like theater, sports, music and art.
- Lawn maintenance will be a thing of the past. You’ll love our beautiful gardens and trails, and our perfectly manicured lawns. What’s more, you’ll enjoy these without having to worry about keeping lawn equipment up and running – all you need to do is sit back and enjoy the view.
Entrance fee or security deposits
There is no entrance fee. Acacia Village is a rental retirement community, which means you do not have to invest a hefty entrance fee to live here. Your assets remain intact, and most residents find living here is more affordable than staying in their previous home. One very reasonable monthly fee replaces all the costs of home ownership – taxes, homeowners insurance and mortgage payments, upkeep, maintenance and repair bills, lawn and snow removal services, utilities – plus it includes all of Acacia Village’s amazing amenities and services.
A security deposit equivalent to one month’s rent is required when you move into Acacia Village. The security deposit is refundable if you move out, if not applied toward unpaid fees or damages and the rental agreement is not broken.
What if I need rehabilitation or nursing care?
As we become older, it becomes more of a concern that the time will come when we need an advanced level of care. As an independent living facility, Acacia Village doesn’t provide personal care or medical services. That being said, we are located on the Masonic Care Community campus, and as a result we offer a variety of healthcare options when you independent living doesn’t meet your needs.
On the Masonic Care Community campus, we are pleased to provide:
Please note, when living at Acacia Village, you will be responsible for your own medical services, and the coordination of your own medical care. However, there is a local mobile medical service that can provide you with scheduled home appointments in the comfort of your own apartment, and in the Utica area there is a comprehensive network of care available that provides general practitioners, medical specialty services, access to surgeons and cancer treatment, and hospitalization.
How can I find out if Acacia Village is the right fit for me?
The best way to learn all about the exciting senior living environment Acacia Village provides is by coming for a visit. Tour our campus, sample our cuisine, meet some of our residents, and see why Acacia Village is an ideal independent living community for seniors who want an active, worry-free lifestyle. Contact us today at (315) 798-4775, or toll-free at (800) 593-3353. You may also contact us by clicking here to use our convenient online form, and one of our friendly representatives will get back to you shortly.