Last Updated: August, 2022
Your privacy is important to us. It is the Masonic Care Community’s (“MCC” or “we” or “us”) policy to respect your privacy and comply with any applicable law and regulation regarding any personal information we may collect about you, including across our website, https://mccny.com, and other sites we own and operate including the Acacia Village website located at https://www.acaciavillageny.org/ (the “Website”).
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website
- From our affiliates, any of our service providers or your selected providers (collectively “Business Partners”), collected to provide our services to you (“Services”)
- When you contact us
It does not apply to information collected by any third party including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from our Website.
As a provider of healthcare services, we may be subject to certain laws and regulations governing the use and disclosure of Personal Health Information (“PHI”). Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and its implementing regulations (“HIPAA”), certain demographic, health, and/or health-related information that we receive from you to provide our Services may be considered PHI. To provide our Services, we may receive your PHI and may collect, use, and disclose other Personally Information (as outlined below). We do not knowingly collect any of your PHI on our Website. Please do not submit any health information through the Website. Please contact us directly with such information.
We will only use and disclose your PHI as allowed under HIPAA and will use reasonable and appropriate safeguards to protect the PHI that we store and process. For more information concerning HIPAA, please visit our HIPAA notice of privacy practices.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It:
Information we collect includes both information you knowingly and actively provide us when using or participating in any of our Services and promotions or by corresponding with us, from third parties, and any information automatically sent by your devices in the course of accessing our products and Services. Through the use of our Website, we may collect (collectively, “Your Information”):
We may collect Information by which you may be personally identified. Such information includes, but is not limited to, your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, billing information, credit card number, education and employment history, or other similar information that can be used to identify you (“Personal Information”).
When you visit our Website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include, but is not limited to, your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, other details about your visit, and technical details that occur in conjunction with any errors you may encounter.
We may collect data that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as statistical information and analytic data relating to Website usage. We may disclose aggregated data that does not identify any individual without restriction.
Collection and Use of Information:
We may collect Personal Information from you when you do any of the following on our Website:
- Use a mobile device or web browser to access our content
- Contact us via email, social media, or on any similar technologies
- When you mention us on social media
We may use Your Information for the following purposes:
- To present our Website and its Content to you
- To provide you with information, products, or Services that you request from us
- For the performance of a contract, including to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, regarding updates or informative communications.
- To provide customer support.
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues and to improve our Website and Services.
- To prevent and detect criminal and/or fraudulent activity that would be damaging to you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Please be aware that we may combine information we collect about you with general information or research data we receive from other trusted sources. If we do so, this Policy governs any combined information that we maintain in personally identifiable format.
We use “cookies” and other similar technologies (e.g. beacons, pixel tags, clear gifs, and device identifiers) to collect information about you and your activity across our Website, and to recognize you and/or you devices. A cookie is a small piece of data that our Website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit, so we can understand how you use our Website. This helps us serve you content based on preferences you have specified. Cookies allow us to monitor usage of the Website, improve the Website’s usability and to personalize the content for you. Some of the data collected through cookies includes Log Data outlined above as well as some Personal Information including, but not limited to name, email, and phone number.
Third Party Cookies and Tracking Technologies:
Google Analytics is a web analytics website offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Website. This data is shared with other Google Websites. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Security of Your Personal Information:
When we collect and process Personal Information, and while we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Although we will do our best to protect the Personal Information you provide to us, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and no one can guarantee absolute data security. We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
You are responsible for selecting any password and its overall security strength, ensuring the security of your own information within the bounds of our services.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information:
However, if necessary, we may retain your Personal Information for our compliance with a legal, accounting, or reporting obligation or for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific, or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information about children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties:
We may disclose Your Information to:
- a parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of MCC
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, for example, IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, advertisers, or analytics platforms
- our employees, contractors, and/or related entities
- our existing or potential agents or business partners
- sponsors or promoters of any competition, sweepstakes, or promotion we run
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you third parties to collect and process data
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Masonic Care Community’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Masonic Care Community’s about our Website users is among the assets transferred
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us your contact information to schedule a call, we will use that information for that reason.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose Your Information:
- To enforce our agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Masonic Care Community, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
[International Transfers of Personal Information:
Third Party Links:
We may receive some information that you submit to a third party website or application that you access through the Website.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information:
We strive to provide you with choices regarding Your Information. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over Your Information:
- Promotional Offers from Masonic Care Community. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our Services, you can opt-out by calling us at 315-798-4703 or sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a transaction.
Changes to This Policy
If required by law, we will get your permission or give you the opportunity to opt in to or opt out of, as applicable, any new uses of your Personal Information. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
For any questions or concerns regarding your privacy or this Policy, you may contact us using the following details:
Phone Number: 315-798-4703
Email address: email@example.com
“One of the joys of being here is the comfort of being amongst friends.”
- Tom Smedley, Acacia Village Resident